1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Automatic Disconnecting Differential - Resistance Test

Discussion in '4th Gen 4Runners (2003-2009)' started by WMU, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Oct 2, 2021 at 6:29 AM
    WMU

WMU [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Wabamun, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2006 - 1GR-FE - Ltd - 2007 - 1GRE - Ltd - 2008 - 2UZ - Ltd
    Shrockworks Bumper - Winch - Rock Sliders - Bilsteins - 2 inch lift - Hankook Dynapro MT
    Have you used the resistance test on the ADD actuator?? Appreciate reading about your experience.

Current issue is with the flashing green 4X4 light.

I located a resistance test procedure for the 6 pin plug of the ADD actuator.
    I used this test on the original unit to determine functionality. The ADD tested faulty. Missing connectivity to ground PIN 4 from Pins 5 and 6 regardless of actuator position described as connected or disconnected 4WD.

Purchased and installed a NEW ADD actuator. This did not resolve the issue. I removed the ADD and made a comparison resistance test. Both ADDs provide the same result. During the uninstall process of the NEW ADD while twisting fingers and hands to access the one of four bolts that is difficult to access the mud and debris rained down to expose the end of the short pigtail that plugs into the ADD. The connector to the ADD is in good condition but the end connector of this short pig tail has a green wire that is severed and therefore disconnected. Just one additional issue. Not certain when this occurred.

I've located test procedures for Tundra and Tacoma trucks where it is recommended to use the fuel pump relay in the test procedure as direct voltage to the ADD may cause damage. No information or circuit diagram about using a relay in the 4Runner manual.

Thoughts??

Attached Files:

Products Discussed in

To Top