1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anybody had/found this rattle? (passenger left knee area)

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by rsimi72, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Oct 16, 2018 at 6:56 AM
    rsimi72

rsimi72 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 SR5 Premium - Gray
    Good morning. I have a 2017 SR5. I've been chasing a rattle for 6 months off and on. Like many rattles, it happens when the temperature drops below 50 degrees, especially when I transition from my garage to the outside temps in the morning. It doesn't seem to be totally dependent on bumps as even a more textured road surface will get it rattling/buzzing. It sounds more plastic than metal. I've pulled all loose objects from console and glove box. It seems to be rattling around the passenger's feet, maybe even near his/her left knee, almost like part of the console/lower center dash. Could be under/behind glove box, I suppose. I've strategically placed felt tape where I can click panels together. I've pulled the seat bolt/frame covers. I've secured the rubber splash guards in the wheel wells. Before I start pulling panels, do any of you have suggestions or have you had the same rattle and found it? I would rather avoid the dealer as I can't reproduce it unless it's cold and when I'm transitioning from my garage to the colder temps, but it's pretty damn reliable under those circumstances. Thanks for any experience and suggestions.

ToyoTacoTurner likes this.
  2. Nov 2, 2018 at 7:54 AM
    ToyoTacoTurner

ToyoTacoTurner New Member

Member:
    I'm having a rattle right now in the driver's left knee area and it sounds like a clicking or flapping.

For me I think it is the splash guard as it has some play when I wiggle it.

rsimi72[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top