1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any difficulty removing roof basket?

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by maca, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Oct 5, 2020 at 5:55 AM
    maca

maca [OP] New Member

Member:
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    2021 Lunar Rock 4R TRD Pro
    OEM sliders
    Good morning,

Just last week, I ordered a 21 TRD Pro in Lunar Rock. It should be here in about 10 weeks.

I will need to take delivery without the roof basket, as it won't clear my building's garage. Any thoughts on how difficult it is to remove for the dealer?

Thanks in advance.

2. Oct 5, 2020 at 6:15 AM
    aroyalsfan

aroyalsfan The Owner

Member:
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    2018 4Runner SR5 Premium - Midnight Black Metallic(218) - 4WD
    Westin Pro Traxx 5 Hood and side window deflectors Black exhaust tip Tinted front windows Billet grill overlay Badge Overlays painted Cavalry Blue Powder coated stock Trail Wheels gloss black 12 Volt Solutions plug and play remote start To do list: led swap Speaker upgrades Sound deadening doors Maybe list: rear backup sensors
    If you're letting them keep the basket to sell to someone else then it will be really easy. Especially if they charge you on top of it for the delete kit, even easier then. Now, if you're having them take it off to give back to you, it will be considerably harder.

3. Oct 5, 2020 at 6:19 AM
    maca

maca [OP] New Member

Member:
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    2021 Lunar Rock 4R TRD Pro
    OEM sliders
    sorry, to be clear. they will be glad to remove it and I give it to me. so the business end is simple. I am more concerned about the actual removal and making sure the roof does not leak in the future.

4. Oct 5, 2020 at 6:23 AM
    Mtbpsych

Mtbpsych New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5
    If they remove it then don’t worry too much, it should be all done correctly. Now if it does leak, take it back to them! Anything they do to your rig they have to fix if it has a failure within a considerable amount of time. Most if not all dealers, have a warranty for work they do.

5. Oct 5, 2020 at 6:29 AM
    aroyalsfan

aroyalsfan The Owner

Member:
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    2018 4Runner SR5 Premium - Midnight Black Metallic(218) - 4WD
    Westin Pro Traxx 5 Hood and side window deflectors Black exhaust tip Tinted front windows Billet grill overlay Badge Overlays painted Cavalry Blue Powder coated stock Trail Wheels gloss black 12 Volt Solutions plug and play remote start To do list: led swap Speaker upgrades Sound deadening doors Maybe list: rear backup sensors
    Well you'll need to have the delete kit installed which is easy to do yourself, but you might as well order it now. Without it you'll leak.

Products Discussed in

To Top