1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

5th gen rear lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Jahmes1989, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Jul 13, 2021 at 8:42 PM
    Jahmes1989

Jahmes1989 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Sup guys!! Kinda new to the 4runner game and have a couple questions. If I'm going to lift my rear 5inches would I need to change anything out? Besides the shocks. Would I be able to run the stock panhard and links?

Thanks in advance!!

2. Jul 13, 2021 at 8:59 PM
    GrantA

GrantA Enjoying God’s creation

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Fully locked 2020 SR5 Premium
    - GOBI roof rack and ladder - Westcott Design Rock sliders - M.O.R.E. Underbody Skid plates - Dual ARB air compressor & ARB single compressor - LED interior lighting - Ironman 2.0 meter awning and enclosure - Ironman winch with factor55 hook - Ironman foam cell pro suspension - Ironman recovery snatch rope - Ironman recovery traction boards - lilbscustomfab Hybrid Front Bumper - lilbscustomfab BMC - RRW RR7-H Hybrid Beadlock wheels - Nitto Trail Grapplers 285/75/17 M/T - 4.88 gears - ARB front air locker - ARB rear air locker - Hi-lift jack & mount - Sony aftermarket speakers - LASFIT External LED Light Conversion - Center console organizer - Glovebox organizer - ICS phone Mount holder - C4 rear bumper with dual swing arms - C4 gas skid plate - C4 rear diff skid plates
    5 inches??? What look are you going for? The vehicle already has a front rake. You are going to make it look really weird imho. The tires will look like you have donuts on them. But to answer your question… you might need new brake lines. You might need to change out your driveshaft for the extra length. You might have a bit more to do in order to make this project happen. Best of luck with that adventure. Please share pictures when you are done. A couple other things to think about.

Be careful with going too high. The body is narrow and that might increase your chances of a rollover with that extra height.

Jahmes1989[OP] likes this.
  3. Jul 13, 2021 at 9:06 PM
    Jahmes1989

Member:
    Ah I see.
    I have 3 inch old man emu coils for the rear. Currently have a maxtrac 4inch spindle up front.
    Wanted to throw a 2.5 puck on top of that. Would I be leveled ? Would the 3inch coils give me more than 3?

4. Jul 15, 2021 at 6:24 AM
    McSpazatron

McSpazatron New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 4runner OR
    Dobinson IMS Warn Bumper CaliRaised Sliders 285/70 K02s
    Pretty sure with 5 inches of lift your axle would be off center left to right and front to back. So probably custom links would be necessary. Then the U joint angles would be extreme, so you would have to do something about that. Probably extended brake lines too

Mtbpsych likes this.
  5. Jul 15, 2021 at 3:28 PM
    Jahmes1989

Member:
    How does everyone level out the rear with the front when they do 6inch lifts? 3inch spring I rear should be good? Sorry for all the questions, appreciate everyone's advice.

6. Jul 15, 2021 at 4:30 PM
    Mtbpsych

Mtbpsych New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5
    Going to guess that you’ll definitely need some extended rear links and also correct the rear axle. Don’t forget extended brake lines either with that much lift I would assume. People probably do a body lift to achieve that much height.

7. Jul 15, 2021 at 4:37 PM
    McSpazatron

McSpazatron New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 4runner OR
    Dobinson IMS Warn Bumper CaliRaised Sliders 285/70 K02s
    I havent been around here that long, but it seems there arent too many folks eager to go that high on what probably is a daily driver for most. The headaches that would go along with that amount of lift would be hard to deal with.

Now if you check back on 5th gens in another 10 years, i bet there will be more
    designated trail rigs aroun

8. Jul 15, 2021 at 4:37 PM
    Moon Landing

Moon Landing AFFTC 1967/68 Eddies Air Patch

Member:
    First Name:
    Jer
    La Quinta, Ca. AKA "The Skillet"
    Vehicle:
    Moon Rock 4Runner
    Nam 68/69
    Lift it, all that needs to be reworked will be self evident.

Products Discussed in

To Top