1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

5th Gen Low idle problems

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by gumbi17, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Dec 30, 2019 at 9:05 AM
    gumbi17

gumbi17 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 Black 4Runner LTD
    I have been chasing this idle problem for a month or so now, my 2015 4Runner Limited when sitting at idle chases from 500-800. It also surges and causes a slight vibration in the engine, but only occurs when the engine is warm and whether the a/c is on or off. This is a low mileage 4runner (23k) and does not get up to speed enough, so when it fist happened I checked the gas and added some additives, but it continued. I next went to the battery (it's the original from the factory) it was not able to hold more than 12v static and it would drop to 5v under load. The next I changed out the plugs, which looked on the darker side but still not burned for 23k plugs. It still is giving me the idle flux, and vibration but only when it is in low idle (at stop sign or static idle) I have been told there is a idle reset for after a battery change but I can not find it anywhere for a 5th gen. I have seen some crazy ones (press gas pedal for x seconds, start car, shut off, press gas for X seconds). The next steps I am thinking would be the pcv or Idle control, but what are you thoughts on the idle reset?

2. Dec 30, 2019 at 9:17 AM
    gumbi17

gumbi17 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 Black 4Runner LTD
    When I ran the tester on it, it originally showed a cylinder 4 misfire (before changing the plugs). I cleared it, and have been testing on and off with 0 entries on the tester, as of today we have no outstanding errors.

3. Dec 30, 2019 at 9:24 AM
    Dillusion

Dillusion New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    KYle
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR
    Try cleaning the TB you never know. Simple stuff first.

Especially with no codes now.

Products Discussed in

To Top