1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

5th gen front springs OEM options?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by supergroove, Apr 18, 2022.

1. Apr 18, 2022 at 12:31 PM
    supergroove

supergroove [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Supa
    Vehicle:
    2011 4Runner SR5 4x4
    stock
    Greetings! So we got a stock 2011 4Runner SR5 4x4 with about 120k miles we recently purchased. I go to replace the front shocks with Bilstein 5100 and find that the previous owner installed QuickStruts so I don't have stock/oem springs... and the QuickStrut springs are way taller so it doesn't seem like I have any chance of using them.

Do we need to make sure the oem springs are coming from another SR5 4x4 or would any 5th gen springs work?

What would y'all recommend for the easiest and most affordable solution? I'm in Hawaii so shipping things like that new from an online retailer often costs more than the part. The dealer would have to special order oem springs and that would probably be over $400 (and would feel like a sucker punch). I've found a couple possible sellers within the state with OEM springs from a newer (~2018, 2021) 4Runner that seem like it could work... but I also get the impression that the oem springs vary depending on if it's 2WD or 4WD, and trim, etc. We're not looking to do anything too crazy with mods on this 4Runner but don't want to mismatch shocks and springs in a bad way.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or input you have, definitely appreciated. Our 4Runner is on blocks in the carport awaiting a solution lol... :(

2. Apr 18, 2022 at 1:35 PM
    afret

afret 2022 ORP, KDSS, Toyo AT3

Member:
    North Idaho
    You could go on Toyota dealer websites and see what springs were available for your model year then you can figure out what to look for in used springs if you go that way. I think for my model year, the non KDSS models had a different left and right front spring and the KDSS cars came with the same front springs on both sides.

https://parts.mcgeorgetoyota.com/v-...6-gas/front-suspension--struts-and-components

3. Apr 18, 2022 at 1:40 PM
    supergroove

Member:
    First Name:
    Supa
    Vehicle:
    2011 4Runner SR5 4x4
    stock
    Thanks for the reply! Yeah I did go to a similar Toyota parts retailer and cross-referenced their list and compatibility, etc. The issue I see is that the list shows slightly different part numbers for if it's Limited or not or has 20" wheels... just trying to make sure the donor vehicle's springs will work... seems like it should be easier somehow. Fingers crossed lol...

4. Apr 18, 2022 at 2:00 PM
    afret

Member:
    North Idaho
    Looks like there are some off-road shops in Hawaii that work on Toyotas. They have some videos on YouTube. Might be worth contacting them to see if they have any take off front spring laying around the shop.

5. Apr 18, 2022 at 2:01 PM
    supergroove

Member:
    First Name:
    Supa
    Vehicle:
    2011 4Runner SR5 4x4
    stock
    Good call... I called the main one here in town but I should call the others. ;) Thanks!

6. Apr 18, 2022 at 2:14 PM
    afret

Member:
    North Idaho
    Here's a guy that just wants to toss his OEM springs.

7. Apr 18, 2022 at 2:48 PM
    supergroove

Member:
    First Name:
    Supa
    Vehicle:
    2011 4Runner SR5 4x4
    stock
    Thanks everyone... I think I have a lead on a set on the next island over... with any luck should have them within a few days. ;)

Products Discussed in

To Top