1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

4runner on trailer, harder than expected,,,, wheel nets or axle straps?

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by rockwind1, Nov 11, 2022.

1. Nov 11, 2022 at 9:20 AM
    rockwind1

rockwind1 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    ghandi
    Vehicle:
    2016 4runner trail charcoal
    overlanded to death
    update: even though not a single response, figured it out and it towed great on the trailer.

question for the experts. i was going to trailer tow my 5 gen 4runner, lifted and all that fancy stuff. was going to use axle straps on the rear axle but for some reason my 4runner doesn't have a front axle (must have lost it somewhere, still runs fine though). i was thinking of putting the axle straps thru my front rims, maybe at the 8 or 7 oclock position,, maybe even put 2 per wheel,, there doesn't seem to be any sharp edges. there is a very strong frame member up where the the swing arm connects to frame but obviously it will go up and down with the suspension so not ideal. was also thinking of a tire harness type thing but i am leaving tomorrow and don't have time to order one, not sure if i can find one here in town. i would need a tire strap where i can exert a force forward but at a slight angle outward since that is where the anchor points are on my trailer. any thoughts,, any trailer tow a bunch of different vehicles? i have tons of decent straps but just thinking outside box.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2022

Products Discussed in

To Top