1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3rd GEN 4Runner Wheel Fitment using TRD Wheel for Tacoma

Discussion in '3rd Gen 4Runners (1996-2002)' started by chumso, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Jan 2, 2020 at 10:16 AM
    chumso

chumso [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hi All,

Thank you in advance for your assistance!!!

I need help seeing if these TRD wheels (PART# PT7583517002) for a 3rd GEN Tacoma would fit a 3rd GEN 1998 4Runner. Based on all the specs I don't see why the wheel won't fit but I've called multiple dealerships and they couldn't give me a definitive answer. The part fitment guides online says the TRD wheel are almost identical with the exception of the Tacoma having a hub center bore size of 106.1mm versus the 106mm that's on the 4runner. Will the .1mm cause issues? I have also found that some sites leave out the .1 when reporting the Tacoma bore size, so I'm wondering if that is also the case for the 4runner as the following site states the 4runner is 106.1mm https://autotk.com/wheels/toyota/4runner/#1999

Apologize ahead of time for the over-explanation. I just really want to know if the wheels will fit before ordering them.

The tires I have on now are BFGoodrich KO2 265/70R16.

The 3rd gen 4runner wheel specs are:
    STOCK WHEEL SIZE: 7Jx16
    OFFSET: 15MM
    BOLT PATTERN: 6x139.7mm or 6x5.5"
    THREAD SIZE: M12 x 1.5
    CENTER BORE: 106mm or 106.1MM??

TRD Pro 16-In. Alloy Wheel - Gloss Black
    Part Number: PT7583517002
    Supersession(s): PT758-35170-02

WHEEL SIZE: 7Jx16
    OFFSET: 13MM
    BOLT PATTERN: 6x139.7mm or 6x5.5"
    THREAD SIZE: M12 x 1.5
    CENTER BORE: 106.1mm
    https://parts.toyota.com/p/Toyota__...heel---Gloss-black/69550553/PT7583517002.html

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  2. Jan 2, 2020 at 6:50 PM
    aroyalsfan

aroyalsfan The Owner

Member:
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    2018 4Runner SR5 Premium - Midnight Black Metallic(218) - 4WD
    Westin Pro Traxx 5 Hood and side window deflectors Black exhaust tip Tinted front windows Billet grill overlay Badge Overlays painted Cavalry Blue Powder coated stock Trail Wheels gloss black 12 Volt Solutions plug and play remote start To do list: led swap Speaker upgrades Sound deadening doors Maybe list: rear backup sensors
    Only thing I can suggest to you is go find anybody with a 3rd gen Tacoma and basically any stock 16" wheel who's willing to let you try one on for size. What seems to be the most common problem I've seen on here is clearance for the calipers and rotors. I guess there is one other thing I can suggest....Do not by the 17" knock off version of this wheel from one of the vendors on here who sells cheap Chinese counterfeit "replica" crap. I made that mistake and it was a total rookie move.

SlvrSlug likes this.
  3. Jan 2, 2020 at 7:46 PM
    Matze

Matze Fremdsprachler

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Lady Lake, FL
    Vehicle:
    2020 4Runner ORP
    Is it just me that missing a member intro?
    Maybe I’m a little old school but I think it’s a sign of good Will and manners to give a little intro before I ask questions.
    I know there is that roomer which says: asking straight for a little f...k is very successful but I learned that a little charming conversation before is the better way!

Dear OP, don’t get me wrong, I don’t wanna sound angry, nether I wanna teach you something. Please take it as a friendly reminder that the old fashioned way isn’t a bad one

4. Jan 3, 2020 at 7:02 AM
    chumso

chumso [OP] New Member

Member:
    Thank you "AROYALSFAN". Not sure if you are a KC Chiefs fan or a football fan but Playoff run should make the area pretty fun!!! Go Chiefs!!!

----

At "Matze" and everyone else. I am new to posting and forums, I apologize for coming off as rude; it is not my intention. I am not familiar with forum etiquette, in regards, to posting or asking a question. I figured trying to keep everything short and sweet to save people's time in this busy time of year was the best approach. I'm also old school and prefer in person or phone conversations; I'm not into this modern social media, so again please pardon my ignorance.

As for intro., again, at a lost what to mention, but I'll also keep it short and simple. I have a 3rd gen 4Runner in Desert Dune with ~207k miles. Transmission was replaced under 5k miles ago. It is slightly lifted using Sonoran Steel kit, which I believe are Tundra fronts and Landcruiser rears sitting on BFGoodrich KO2. I don't intentionally seek out rocks to crawl or mud roads to fling but I don't shy away from them either; main reason is I want the 4Runner to last forever as I am old school and keep the plastic on everything until it falls off and when it falls off, I even think about taping it back on. :)

Again, I apologize for coming off as rude, it was not my intention.

Bohemian63 and SlvrSlug like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top