1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

33’s on 3 inch lift, spacers or no?

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by alex.nick199, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Nov 29, 2019 at 7:00 AM
    alex.nick199

alex.nick199 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hi,

helping a friend with his 4Runner today, my question is, will 33’s rub on a 2010 4Runner with a 3 inch lift.

if so, do you guys normally

body chop?

add spacer?

what’s the most common. Thanks

Thatbassguy likes this.
  2. Nov 29, 2019 at 7:12 AM
    rkwfxd

rkwfxd New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Whittier - So Cal
    I have a 3"spacer lift and 1.25"spacers on my wheels. (285 tires) I had to trim the inside edge of the front bumper and now, after a proper alignment I get just the slightest amount of rub on the left body mount when I am reversing and turning hard left. No rub on the right side. Pretty sure that if I removed the wheel spacers the tires would not rub on the body mount. But...would they then rub on the UCAs? I don't know.

Thatbassguy likes this.
  3. Nov 29, 2019 at 10:22 AM
    Backwoods

Backwoods New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 silver SR5 4x4
    I did 2.75" lift... But I had to trim the bumper just a little, barely noticeable unless I point it out, also did the fender liner mod and also did the body mount chop...

Im pretty sure i wasn't rubbing on the body mount... Just the front bumper and fender liner... But I just had it all done at the same time to be done with it and not have to worry. Now no matter what I do there's no rubbing at all.

Keep in mind wheel offset plays a huge role in whether or not you're going to rub as well... And spacers can often times create more rubbing.

This was before the BMC and trimming... I was rubbing quite a bit in both forward and reverse. Any normal turn caused a little rubbing. At full lock it sounded like I was going to rip the bumper off LOL

Products Discussed in

To Top