1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2023 Toyota Runner TRD Pro: Removing 2nd Row Seatbelts

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by KingPrince, Feb 11, 2024.

1. Feb 11, 2024 at 7:41 PM
    KingPrince

KingPrince [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 4Runner TRD Pro
    Can someone provide instructions on how I can remove the 2nd-row seatbelts for me to replace them?

Attached Files:

2. Feb 11, 2024 at 8:35 PM
    Thacrow

Thacrow New Member

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2021 ORP
    Speed holes
    You PDF'd pictures? Are those your pics? The seat belt was cut?

Were you able to buy seat belts? Those can be difficult to purchase since.

You aren't going to find a how to replace sear belts. Look for how to's for removing interior plastics

3. Feb 11, 2024 at 8:44 PM
    catbrown357

catbrown357 New Member

Member:
    Tempe
    Vehicle:
    2011 Limited 4WD
    How TF did that happen?! And both sides? If it was something with the mechanism that cut them, it should be covered by your warranty. If it was an outside force, like rats, or dogs, or kids, probably won't be covered. If you do attempt to change them, you need to be VERY careful. Disconnect the battery to prevent airbags and/or pre-tensioners going off. I honestly would let someone who deals with that kind of thing fix them. Your life or your passenger's lives may depend on it.

4. Feb 11, 2024 at 8:46 PM
    Thacrow

Thacrow New Member

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2021 ORP
    Speed holes
    My guess would be someone cut them.

But this right here. Go have them replaced.

5. Feb 11, 2024 at 9:05 PM
    KingPrince

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 4Runner TRD Pro

Yes, these are my pictures! These seat belts were not cut. I have no idea how this happened. Here's some background info:

My parents were attempting to put on their seatbelts in the back seat but they were meeting resistance. I thought it was because the seatbelt retractor was just jammed up. Then, I attempted to try it out, and with less than 25% force, I was able to pull it out. When it came out, the seatbelt was ripped apart! I was shocked because I rarely have any backseat passengers. My parents were the second people to sit in my backseat and put the seatbelt on. This has to be a manufacturer issue! I contacted a Service Consultant at my local dealership, who said this is not covered under warranty because it is an "outside influence". This consultant also told me that inside the seatbelt compartment, there is only a roller that helps retract the seatbelt and nothing sharp. I rarely had anyone sit in my backseat! These seatbelts are thick and probably need scissors to cut them with. I don't know why they would consider this as an outside influence.

6. Feb 11, 2024 at 9:08 PM
    KingPrince

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 4Runner TRD Pro

I'm just as lost as you are! In previous forums, someone mentioned rats or infestation but what are the odds of that happening to BOTH sides??? So it's hard for me to believe that. Toyota isn't covering this because they said it's an "outside influence." I bought my 4runner on 9/23/22 and found out about this problem on 2/21/23.

7. Feb 11, 2024 at 9:10 PM
    catbrown357

catbrown357 New Member

Member:
    Tempe
    Vehicle:
    2011 Limited 4WD
    Yeah. I would definitely fight that. Find another dealership or deal with Toyota Corporate directly. It's a 2023. There's no reason that A) They shouldn't investigate, B) Replace under warranty.

8. Feb 11, 2024 at 9:14 PM
    glwood54

glwood54 Stop making me buy stuff!

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2019 OR, KDSS, RSG sliders, Eibach shocks, 265/70 Falken Wildpeaks
    I imagine this is the same issue you posted about last March of 2023...what went on with this issue since then? Were you ever able to remove the plastic trim to see if there was a rodent problem?

Products Discussed in

To Top