1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2020 Toyota 4Runner front bumper reinstall

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by CactusJack, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Oct 6, 2020 at 11:43 PM
    CactusJack

CactusJack [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hi everyone. Looking to upgrade to black valance and bar light on my 2020 Toyota 4Runner sr5 Premium. My big concern is there anyone who is reinstalled front bumper because all those sensors on front ? Is there any lights on after all or need to go to dealership and reset them? Also, what package you recommended for light bar about 30”,mount and switch?

2. Oct 8, 2020 at 12:21 PM
    twin_runner

twin_runner New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD OffRoad Premium w/KDSS
    TRD Wheels, Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Xenon Depot Xtreme Pro LED High/Low Beams, LasFit LED Turns, GoRhino Tube Steps, RAM Mount, Full interior LED swap
    A lot of people have done it without issue. This video was one of the first I saw for a 2020 although it doesn't clearly show unplugging of the sensor. I did it myself when swapping in a black valance. Did not encounter any error lights/message and TSS still works fine. Depending on where you are planning to put your lightbar (behind the grille?), that plastic strut that supports the actual sensor will block some of your output. I know someone on a different forum who dremelled out that whole plastic strut and didn't seem to have an issue...but not sure I would recommend that

3. Oct 8, 2020 at 8:32 PM
    CactusJack

CactusJack [OP] New Member

Member:
    Good video. Planning to put behind the grille and saw few photos on forums and looks fine with that plastic strut front of light bar. Definitely will not cut that plastic piece. Thank you for info and video.

4. Oct 9, 2020 at 6:34 AM
    RusPro17

RusPro17 Back home again!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Pa.
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Pro Solar Octane
    SCS wheels and Westcott lift
    I thought about dremel that black part out. Don’t think it is a good idea either. Putting my Bajadesigns led 20 inch bar behind my Pro grille up top.

Products Discussed in

To Top