1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2020 fuse box questions

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by Ianv18, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Aug 4, 2020 at 7:39 PM
    Ianv18

Ianv18 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 Trd orp
    Heritage grille blackout and led
    I have grille lights installed which I had to force the fuse box closed due to the add a fuse but if I wanted new headlights that also run in inj is there another location I can put the input to get them to turn on when the car turns on?

2. Aug 4, 2020 at 9:05 PM
    Json323

Json323 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    East Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2020 4Runner SR5 4x4 MGM
    Method Racing Wheels 702 w/BFG KO2, TRD Pro aftermarket grill w/Raptor lights, 55w HIDs 6000k,
    Which headlights are you referring to? It all depends if you want them to come on when you turn on the truck or when you turn on the headlights. Do they have a DRL that you are trying to wire?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  3. Aug 5, 2020 at 6:34 AM
    Ianv18

Ianv18 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 Trd orp
    Heritage grille blackout and led
    The alpha rex luxx they have the drl option that would go in the inj slot so wondering if there is another inj I can use

4. Nov 8, 2020 at 10:03 AM
    dcgarcia5

dcgarcia5 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 4Runner OR
    Can I tap grill lights to DRL?

5. Nov 8, 2020 at 11:20 AM
    dcgarcia5

dcgarcia5 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 4Runner OR
    Which fuse is it.

6. Nov 8, 2020 at 1:44 PM
    dcgarcia5

dcgarcia5 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 4Runner OR
    How I find #11, is top-down left-right? Is it a separate fuse for DRL or one for all headlights ?

7. Nov 8, 2020 at 3:06 PM
    dcgarcia5

dcgarcia5 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 4Runner OR
    Got it thanks!! I'll give it a try

8. Nov 8, 2020 at 3:29 PM
    jmc22

jmc22 New Member

Member:
    A&P likes this.
  9. Feb 25, 2021 at 11:38 AM
    itsmeomarj

itsmeomarj New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    omar
    Vehicle:
    2021 Lunar Rock 4Runner TRD PRO
    None yet
    Hey guys. I have the raptor headlights from the video above. installed the headlights and pushed the wiring to the inside fuse box. The inside fust box is full and I was wondering if anyone can help me figureout which fuse slot I can use to connected my raptor headlights to turn on with they key. My fusebox used the same chart as the one above but the interior fuse box is full. Can anyone help me.

stunner_4runner likes this.
  10. Feb 25, 2021 at 1:53 PM
    stunner_4runner

stunner_4runner New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Raymond
    Vehicle:
    2020 4Runner SR5 4WD
    Radflo Stage 3 Lift Kit- 2.5 Extended Front & Rear RR Adjustable Coilovers Total Chaos Upper Arms ARB rear medium springs 3” Aiden James Switchback Fog Bezel Lights 4Runner Lifestyle Amber Raptor Grill Lights Trail Standard Offroad Satin/Matte Black TSO Pro Grille with 4Runner Letters Baja Designs WC Amber Fog Lights Baja Designs XL Sport Amber Ditch Lights with Cali Raised Ditch Light Brackets 2 Baja Designs LP6 Amber Behind the grille lights 2 SNS Designs 5" Amber Behind the grille lights N-FAB behind the grill lighting mount Pedal commander Jet Performance Mass Flo Air Sensor 315/70/17 Cooper STT Pro Fuel Rims Custom Magnaflow exhaust with Series 50 Flowmaster Muffler Alpharex Nova Midnight Black Headlights AFE Momentum GT Dry Filter CAI BantamX Touchscreen for Universal with sPOD Alpharex PRO-Series LED Tail Lights Jet Black Mid-Atlantic Off-Roading Full Length Roof Rack Outgear Solutions Low Key Front Bumper 4WDKING 30’ LED Light Bar for the Bumper RSG Front Skid Plate
    Use the ACC slot in the inside cabin fuse box. Take out the fuse and put the grill lights fuse tap into that fuse slot. That’s what I did and works when the car is on.

11. Jun 30, 2021 at 3:30 PM
    moodster

moodster New Member

Member:
    I added a add a fuse to my INJ for alpha rex DLR and my runner won't start. Just cranks. I remove the add a fuse and put fuse back and it starts just fine. Whats going on?

12. Jun 30, 2021 at 3:40 PM
    stunner_4runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Raymond
    Vehicle:
    2020 4Runner SR5 4WD
    Radflo Stage 3 Lift Kit- 2.5 Extended Front & Rear RR Adjustable Coilovers Total Chaos Upper Arms ARB rear medium springs 3” Aiden James Switchback Fog Bezel Lights 4Runner Lifestyle Amber Raptor Grill Lights Trail Standard Offroad Satin/Matte Black TSO Pro Grille with 4Runner Letters Baja Designs WC Amber Fog Lights Baja Designs XL Sport Amber Ditch Lights with Cali Raised Ditch Light Brackets 2 Baja Designs LP6 Amber Behind the grille lights 2 SNS Designs 5" Amber Behind the grille lights N-FAB behind the grill lighting mount Pedal commander Jet Performance Mass Flo Air Sensor 315/70/17 Cooper STT Pro Fuel Rims Custom Magnaflow exhaust with Series 50 Flowmaster Muffler Alpharex Nova Midnight Black Headlights AFE Momentum GT Dry Filter CAI BantamX Touchscreen for Universal with sPOD Alpharex PRO-Series LED Tail Lights Jet Black Mid-Atlantic Off-Roading Full Length Roof Rack Outgear Solutions Low Key Front Bumper 4WDKING 30’ LED Light Bar for the Bumper RSG Front Skid Plate
    @moodster Which AlphaRex headlights do you have?

13. Jun 30, 2021 at 3:41 PM
    moodster

moodster New Member

Member:
  14. Jun 30, 2021 at 3:47 PM
    stunner_4runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Raymond
    Vehicle:
    2020 4Runner SR5 4WD
    Do you have any other lights like Raptor grille lights or Fog Bezel lights? Just trying to pinpoint the issue. I have the AlphaRex Nova Headlights, Raptor Grille lights, and the Aiden James Switchback Fog Bezel lights. I had to t-tap the switchback fog bezel lights with my AlphaRex Nova DRLs. Have the fuse in the 10INJ in the fuse box under the hood and have the Raptor Lights connected to the ACC slot in the cabin fuse box.

15. Jun 30, 2021 at 3:49 PM
    moodster

moodster New Member

Member:
    No I don't have any other lights.

16. Jun 30, 2021 at 3:50 PM
    moodster

moodster New Member

Member:
    It worked for a day and a half then this happened?

17. Jun 30, 2021 at 3:52 PM
    stunner_4runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Raymond
    Vehicle:
    2020 4Runner SR5 4WD
    Did you blow the fuse? Is there a short in the connection? Check those! Do the actual headlights turn on?

18. Jun 30, 2021 at 3:57 PM
    moodster

moodster New Member

Member:
    actual headlights work, fuses look ok. I don't think there's a short in connection..not seeing one. what other options for wiring DRL's?

19. Jun 30, 2021 at 4:13 PM
    stunner_4runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Raymond
    Vehicle:
    2020 4Runner SR5 4WD
    Dang, not too sure on any other methods of wiring the DRLs. The only other thing I could suggest is using another fuse slot. Not too sure which slots you could use though. I want to say I saw some other posts on other slots you could use, but you would have to look for those on here.

20. Jun 30, 2021 at 4:17 PM
    moodster

moodster New Member

Member:
    Thanks I've been looking with not much luck. Id rather not go through the firewall but may. Read the STOP fuse in engine compartment but can't get the add a fuse to fit?

21. Jun 30, 2021 at 4:52 PM
    moodster

moodster New Member

Member:
    Well I ran inside to fuse acc and all is good. Not sure what was wrong w/INJ in engine compartment. But all seems good now..Thanks for input stunner.

22. Jun 30, 2021 at 5:05 PM
    stunner_4runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Raymond
    Vehicle:
    2020 4Runner SR5 4WD
    Oh heck yea. That is great! Should work just fine in the ACC slot.

23. Mar 21, 2022 at 6:51 PM
    Nevik8

Nevik8 New Member

Member:
    2022 4Runner add a fuse too tall for engine fuse box cover, anyone have any suggestions

24. Mar 21, 2022 at 9:22 PM
    BionicRandy

BionicRandy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    TX Hill Country
    Vehicle:
    2012 Black SR5 aka the Batmobile
    Lots of goodies
    Heat gun + pressure

Nevik8[QUOTED] likes this.
  25. Aug 21, 2023 at 9:07 AM
    Robs Runner

Robs Runner New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD Off Road
    New to this forum, and to mods. Got Raptor lights from 4Runner Lifestyle, install went easy. The fuse is my problem. I’ve gone through all of the in-cabin fuses and have either had no power to the lights, or I get power, but other functions fail. My latest attempt is in the ACC fuse, but my center screen/radio/nav went dark. Before I pull it back through the firewall and attempt the INJ fuse under the hood, is there any other option??

I’ve seen some pics on here with two fuses attached to the fuse plug-in, whereas mine has the one 10a fuse the harness came with and the other slot on it is empty.

suggestions? Thanks!

26. Aug 21, 2023 at 1:58 PM
    LuLu

LuLu New Member

Member:
    Utopia
    Vehicle:
    2022 TRD Sport
    OEM Crossbars OEM Hood Deflectors OEM Running Boards Tints
    Don't use Fuse Tap from 4Runner Lifestyle (its too long, prevents closing Engine Fuse box)... Get a low Profile Mini Fuse from Advance Auto Parts 7.5.

Tap into INJ

Ground to Screw near Battery terminal.

Note - am just a newbie

SKUNKD likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top