1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2020 4Runner SR5P Carplay Issue

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010+)' started by ant the ninja, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Dec 2, 2019 at 2:00 PM
    Drababan

Drababan New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 4Runner SR5 Premium
    Registered just to say that I too have a 2020 SR5 Premium and an iPhone 11 pro max and have the same issues. It's a severe delay that seems to be causing the issue with voice calls. The call timer on the display doesn't seem to work until you try and hang up then it advances quickly. FYI Panasonic makes the head unit and software for the 2020 Entune 3.0 radios. I doubt Toyota has much interaction with them other than to negotiate a price for product and delivery. Unfortunately we are all going to be at the mercy of Apple/Toyota/Panasonic to get this cleared up. Hopefully it will be soon. Huge disappointment for me thus far. (bought on 22 November).

ant the ninja [OP] likes this.
  2. Dec 4, 2019 at 6:39 AM
    ant the ninja

ant the ninja [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 4Runner SR5P
    I just hope it gets fixed soon. Apple advised me it was being looked at and should be corrected by Jan of 2020 but heres to hoping!

Here are the links to report this to Apple and Toyota, I think the more that people do it, the better chance we have of it getting fixed quicker.

Toyota - https://www.toyota.com/support/contact-us
    Apple - https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

3. Dec 4, 2019 at 6:58 AM
    Drababan

Drababan New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 4Runner SR5 Premium

I submitted a bug report with both Apple and Toyota....hopefully they get this worked out soon.

4. Dec 4, 2019 at 10:55 PM
    dmsea1

dmsea1 New Member

Member:
    I just submitted a bug report to Apple myself and Toyota, the second one I have done. Had hoped one of the last 2 updates on the iOS would have had the fix in it - but nope. Still waiting. Frustrated as I was so happy when the iPhone 6 worked perfectly. I much prefer the Apple Maps - greatly improved - and the Spotify integration. But no calls when in use, really lame.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019 at 5:45 PM
  5. Dec 7, 2019 at 6:43 PM
    chi804

chi804 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 SR5 Premium
    Same issue with my 2020 SR5 Premium. Calls are broken up and overall terrible. I had an issue this morning where the system would show that my phone was calling itself. The unit wouldn’t turn off. My actual phone seemed to not be connected or calling itself. I had to pull over, unplug the phone, turn off the vehicle and restart without have the phone plugged in. After a few moments I’d plug the phone in and CarPlay would work fine. Everything seemed to work normally after that. Then it happened again.
    Repeated the above captioned steps to get things to work again. I’ve pretty much relegated CarPlay for music, podcasts and texts. The phone functionality just doesn’t work within CarPlay. Phone calls work fine via Bluetooth though.

Products Discussed in

To Top