1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2015 4Runner Stereo problems going on during hot temperatures

Discussion in 'General 4Runner Talk' started by Go Bash'm not Smash'm, Jul 10, 2022.

1. Jul 10, 2022 at 11:06 AM
    Go Bash'm not Smash'm

Go Bash'm not Smash'm [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner
    I'm having problems with my SUV. Last summer, in hot temperatures (100+ degree weather), my stereo speakers would stop playing and would only go on occasionally when the temp was cooler. Here is an example: When I start my car (temp maybe in the 60s), my stereo would go on and my phone automatically connects bluetooth and it's fine. Then I start my car later (temp now 99), and my display and connection to bluetooth goes on but I hear no music. This happened towards the end of summer last year. Then Fall and winter came and no problems. Here we are in summer again and it's not working.

2. Jul 11, 2022 at 3:45 AM
    Steely123

Steely123 What's the new trend? I'll do it!

Member:
    Georgetown, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 4runner SR5 premium
    Its the components getting over heated. If the radio comes on after the AC is on and the cab cools down, then check for wires behind the radio that are exposed that could ground out when swelling with the heat. Our something wrapped around the radio heart sink.

Electronic parts expand and contract with the heat and cold. And newer electronics have a safety shut off for it.

Easiest fix, is usually just a new radio. But if it's wiring, then issue will still be there. I agree with the above, it needs to be checked out as not to fry something other than the radio.

Products Discussed in

To Top