1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2014 SR5P Front Coil Springs

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by MI4runner2014, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Jun 28, 2021 at 10:53 PM
    MI4runner2014

MI4runner2014 [OP] New Member

Member:
    New here and it’s clear there are some insightful members in these forums. My 2014 SR5P has 134k miles on it; non-lifted. Time to replace my front struts, have the Bilstein 4600s ready to go. I am curious as to whether I should buy new coil springs when I change out the struts. There appears to be no sag on either side based on measurement and I’m not sure of the lifespan of their coil springs. There is zero corrosion on the current coil springs - rust proof yearly with Amsoil Heavy Duty Metal Protector. I do mostly city and highway driving. It would cost roughly $220 for new front coil springs should I decide to replace them as well. Does it make sense to replace these already just in case they decide to go weak on me in the near future?

I do plan on replacing the front stabilizer bar links, strut mounts and bolts. Any insight or advice would be appreciated. Actually any add’l maint suggestions at this mileage I would appreciate it. ATF fluid, diffs fluid, TC fluid, engine coolant, spark plugs…the typical stuff I am on top of those. Thanks again and hello everyone.

Products Discussed in

To Top