1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2007 Limited OEM TV issues

Discussion in '4th Gen 4Runners (2003-2009)' started by TallGuy24, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Aug 29, 2019 at 10:13 PM
    TallGuy24

TallGuy24 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hey all,

Apologies if this has been addressed. I tried several different search terms and looked at the stickies but couldn't come across what I was looking for.

My wife has a 2007 SR5 4WD Limited. All power/leather/heated seats, all-wheel drive, V8.

It also comes equipped with a roof-mounted fold-down, rear-facing TV with a Playstation mounted. Basically, the bracket that holds the "flip down" part of it up when it's stowed has broken/disappeared, and it's currently being held up with duct tape. In the summer, the tape doesn't hold so good so sometimes it'll just fall down, completely blocking the view out the rear of the truck.

I've been told by my wife (several times) that this is not an acceptable permanent solution. So my question is, does anyone have any experience either fixing the mounting hardware on the TV, or removing the TV entirely? I've known her for six years and I've never seen her use it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Signed,

Helpless Husband

2. Oct 18, 2019 at 4:45 AM
    7of10left

7of10left New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 Mica Limited
    None yet. Just picked this up early Oct. to replace my 2005 SR5 V8 that got totaled by a dump truck while parked.
    To my knowledge there are ceiling mount oem TVs in any 4Runners.

Products Discussed in

To Top