1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2007 4.7 start up - overkill or not?

Discussion in '4th Gen 4Runners (2003-2009)' started by PigFarm, Apr 5, 2022.

1. Apr 5, 2022 at 4:59 PM
    PigFarm

PigFarm [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Waclaw
    Vehicle:
    2007 V8 4x4
    2.5" Bilstein Leveling kit and KO2s.
    I have a V8 4x4 and when I turn on the ignition I let it finish buzzing. Maybe priming the fuel system? Then I start it and run for at least 30 seconds to run the fluids.

Overkill?

I love this thing so it gets babied maintenance wise. But on the trails she does amazing. Only 108K miles. Timing belt replaced at 94K miles, etc...

2. Apr 6, 2022 at 9:08 AM
    iamincrediboy

iamincrediboy New Member

Member:
    South FL
    Vehicle:
    2005 V8 4Runner Limited - Silver
    Not overkill. If anything youre doing better than many giving it even a few extra seconds to warm up than just start and directly go.
    Every morning I remote start mine for probably 10mins before driving off. Engine/trans are warm and so is the cabin :cheers:

4-Funner and PigFarm[OP] like this.
  3. Apr 24, 2022 at 2:37 PM
    AuSeeker

AuSeeker New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2004 Limited
    Yes it's overkill, the buzzing you're hearing is the ABS pump A.K.A. your power brakes topping off the pressure to assist in braking and to allow the ABS system to work properly, the buzzing has nothing to do with fuel pressure.

You will not hurt anything by simply starting your vehicle and driving it, the fuel pressure is maintained after shutting off your vehicle and is there instantly once you start it, if there wasn't any fuel pressure it wouldn't start at all.

If anyone ever reads their owner's manual they would see that in no manual I have ever seen/read does it say to allow your vehicle to "warm" up for 30 seconds, or 5 to 10 minutes before driving it, if all the instrument panel lights are off it's ready to drive, it was designed to be able to go down the road as soon as you start it, otherwise most vehicles wouldn't last more than 10,000 to 20,000 miles.

I have been doing mechanical work for over 50 years and I cannot believe what some people post on here making others believe they know what they are talking about when it's apparent to anyone who knows mechanics that they don't.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2022
    Pure4Runner likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top