1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2005 4RUNNER SPORT JBL RAIDO CLUSTERFU#!K

Discussion in '4th Gen 4Runners (2003-2009)' started by DIRTYGUMBALL, May 23, 2022.

1. May 23, 2022 at 5:31 PM
    DIRTYGUMBALL

DIRTYGUMBALL [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2005 4runner sport
    Okay I am new to the Forum and new to the Forerunner Realm. I have a 2005 4Runner Limited sport V8.

When I got to my friend had put a aftermarket double din radio in. It was no longer working correctly so when I went to remove it I realized that he did not buy the correct doctor kit for the JBL amplifier and subwoofer. Apparently she cut the factory plugs on the back of the radio, proceeded to try and figure it out and at a last-ditch effort just ran a wire directly from the back of the head unit to each of the front door speakers only.

So I did not know this and ordered the Metra adapter kit for the JBL Factory Amplified system and a new double din radio connected everything accordingly on the bench and once I removed the radio I realized the plug was butchered.

What I need to know is where the different color wires were in correlation to the PIN numbers of the plug. So in other words if I was able to look at a plug that still existing that hasn't been cut, I could simply place the end of the Metro plug adapter kit directly to the corresponding wire.
    Further simplified top right corner Factory wire color example (pink) bottom right ex (grey) and so on.
    Basically what I have is a bunch of strip wires that would be cut from the main plug of the back of the radio.

2. May 23, 2022 at 5:34 PM
    DIRTYGUMBALL

DIRTYGUMBALL [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2005 4runner sport
    Any input would be greatly appreciated. Ideally I could get a replacement plug with leads to replace a problematic or burnt original plug..

3. May 27, 2022 at 10:08 PM
    iamincrediboy

iamincrediboy New Member

Member:
    South FL
    Vehicle:
    2005 V8 4Runner Limited - Silver
    Look at first few pages. Doesnt show pin numbers but the colors of the wires should help.

Also, as a backup, Crutchfield phone support is PHENOMENAL for helping with this stuff. I dont work for them Ive just had good enough experiences to recommend them wholeheartedly, and did so when I upgraded my stereo.

Attached Files:

Products Discussed in

To Top