1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1st gen tundra coil overs for 3 inch lift on 3rd gen runner

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Upredneck, Aug 31, 2022.

1. Aug 31, 2022 at 3:49 AM
    Upredneck

Upredneck [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    99 4 runner
    8 inch suspension lift
    I personally have installed the whole strut assembly from a tundra in my runner and it ended up being more like 3.5-4 inches of lift stock bilstien coil overs. Bolted right up. No prying on control arms or anything. I’ve been reading a lot of conflicting data which is not true. And the ride is great. Fits 35x12.5 tires. Hope this saves someone some money and headaches.

2. Nov 30, 2022 at 10:17 PM
    Chris0707

Chris0707 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2002 Toyota 4runner
    I would love to see some pictures of your 4runner. I just got a 3" rough country lift last week and haven't put it on yet because I was wanting to put new struts on it when I did it. I found a set of 1st gen tundra struts with hardly any miles on them and can have them shipped to me all for about $125 and I have $200 in the new shocks and springs for the rear and a new set of 265\70r17 Goodyear duratrac all terrains to put on when I get the lift out on. So I would like to see how yours look and hope mine will go in as easily as yours did.

3. Dec 2, 2022 at 1:47 AM
    Upredneck

Upredneck [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    99 4 runner
    8 inch suspension lift
    I would spend the 125 and get em. They have to be the bilstien coil overs for the v8. They instal very easy no prying the control arm down and I clear 35s. I’ll have to send you pics when it’s daylight. My phones on the fritz so I offloaded all my pics.

4. Apr 6, 2023 at 7:37 AM
    BlaineDamage

BlaineDamage New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blaine
    Vehicle:
    I have a 96 4runner looking for some lift kit advise
    I bought it for a smoking deal because the whole front end needed new bushings . Currently has cruddy and janky 3 inch lift strut spacers on front that the welds are broken with blown struts and unknown coils in the back . Looking to get it up and running while I source parts to do a SAS in the near future
    I found a great deal on some used loaded struts (5,000 miles) from Rough Country . They are not TRD but they are 2.5 inch lift . I wonder if they will give me the same lift as the factory TRD bilstiens ? Has anyone tried them before pulling the trigger on them

Products Discussed in

To Top